The mission of the Charitable Dames of Delaware is to serve the communities of the Charitable Dames of Delaware members in a way that will aide and encourage those residents in need. It is our mission to be community ambassadors and to seek ways to raise money through social events that will draw in and uplift the community in a positive way. Our goal is to use our funding for the following acts of kindness:
- Assist (nominated) families who have lost items due to unfortunate events.
- Assist (nominated) less fortunate children who may be homeless with school supplies and/or school clothes on an as needed basis.
- Assist families in financial despair with holiday celebrations and winter needs.
- Provide a local (nominated) female with a makeover (hair style, new outfit, man/pedicure etc.) for a large life event or before a job interview.
- Provide a (nominated) deserving local teen with a prom makeover (prom dress, hair style etc.) and event registration.
- Provide items of encouragement to (nominated) residents of local nursing homes and/or living assistance programs to members who do not have families who look after them on a regular basis.
- Provide (nominated) students with assistance in participating in sports and other extra-curricular activities through assistance in participation fees and transportation.
- Provide support to local (nominated) non-profit organizations.
- Providing mentorship to a (nominated) young ladies during their college journey by taking them to visit colleges, assist in their application process, and much more.
- Provide (nominated) local females with an opportunity to get back into the workforce program including education, basic skill review, a head to toe makeover, creating a resume, mock interviews process, resume building/volunteer opportunities, and confidence building/coaching.
Now let’s get started ladies!
#charitabledamesofde #4change #giveback